Sunday, September 09, 2007

Cob Gallery























Having my own gallery to collect my paintings and art books and other related stuffs been a perspective in my mind for so many years. Since 1999, the year that we chose to live in Canada, my paintings and sketches been scattered there and here in Tehran with not knowing well what is where.
Setting up my gallery became true this summer which I rathered to stay in Tehran and go to our garden West of Tehran near Hashtged, Karaj on weekends. One day I thought it would be a good idea to build a cozy building in a vacant spot of the garden. The idea was discussed with a local builder and since there was no sign of indigenous cob buildings in nearby villages, I preferred to use mud and straw in this building. Here you see some pics taken of the building in the process and finished ones. A sketch of the outside is attached as well.

No comments: